Wednesday, January 1, 2020

looking behind, looking forward

2019 is done!! 2020 is just beginning!! New year, new lessons, new mercies and memories  yet to be made. 
This is the time of year we pause  and look back at what happened  and make plans for what will happen. This is something  that we need more of, more times to stop and remember  Gods provision, leading and deliverance. The Jewish calendar  is full of festivals  and feasts  that do this. Three separate  times did the Jews go to Jerusalem to feast, celebrate and remember. 
Today looking  back on what God has done in my 2019, there was a lot of blessings and growing. 2019 brought family back together, added to the family. In 2019 I got back an uncle and his family, and a second cousin reconnected. My family  grew by a brother in law, a niece and a foster brother. 2019 brought  growth  in my job by way of two position changes. I grew in my education  by completing  one year in my bachelor's degree and managed  to make the Dean's list this past year. Each change  brought  challenges and blessings. I learned  that God values me more then I ever do. He allowed  me to visit  friends and grow closer  to others. He helped  me to see that I have to be more intentional about my relationships with him, my family  and friends. 
I know that in 2020 God will continue  to guide  my steps, if I allow  him to. I will trust that he is building  my life the way he has planned. I am excited  about what God is doing in my heart, mind and life. 
Each year I choose  a word for that year to focus  on 2019's word was peace. By focusing  on peace  I saw it in ways I never had. Not only does God give me peace when I should be anxious but he can use me to bring peace in to the lives of those  I interact with. For 2020 I have chosen  the word Build. Merriam Webster dictionary .com defines build  "to develop according to a systematic plan, by a definite process, or on a particular base"( 3rd entry) In 2020 I look forward  to seeing  how God will build my life according  to his systematic plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment