Wednesday, December 4, 2013

God's way of teaching me trust

   Wow, what a crazy past few days it has been for me! That is not saying I did not enjoy it, but rather I did enjoy watching God working in them. To start of Monday, November 25 during chapel it was announced that due to the approaching storm that school was letting the students leave for Thanksgiving break early. My mom and I felt that I would be alright in keeping my Tuesday night flight home. God had other plans. His plans for my trip home turned out to look a little like this. My 6:56pm fight from Greenville SC to Charlotte NC, getting delayed till 9:30pm. Arriving at Charlotte airport just in time to get no my delayed 10:00pm flight to Providence  RI. Around 12:00 midnight the pilot told the passengers that where was a mechanical issue with the plane and that they were working on getting it fixed. Around 1:00 am the pilot then told us that due to high winds in Providence, the fight had been canceled. So there I am a minor without any adult stuck in Charlotte airport for the night, while my wonderful Mom and Dad are miles away in CT trying to get me on the earliest flight home. Around 2:00 am, after much encouragement by Mom, I went to an airport worker and told them I was 17 and alone. After that I got put in room with other unaccompanied minors and a couple of chaperones. I got a cot to sleep on, food and a meal voucher for breakfast the next morning.
When I finally got home at 9:45 am Wednesday, November 27 I was greeted by my very relieved and happy parents. I thank God that He never leaves us, no matter what or where we are and that I can trust on Him to be there. But God was not done teaching me to trust Him.  A few days later after getting back to school safely I had to take my first practical final. For this final I had to make four different dishes, fabricate a chicken and do two precision cuts with potatoes. Again God got me through it and I passed! God calmed my nerves so I could focus and think clearly to get done what I need to get done.  
 Jeremiah 29:11  "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."  I am praising God for his trustworthiness, and for the fact that He is writing my story.                      

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you! I love that you are writing! My high school English teacher always told us that the best way to become a better writer is, to write! He's now a famous author (google Wally Lamb, you'll see). I amlooking forward to seeing how God continues to shape you into His image!

    ReplyDelete