Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Chapters

     Sometimes we refer to parts of our lives as chapters.  Well here I stand having come to the end of another chapter of my life. The chaptered titled College!  Whenever we close a chapter in our story we tend to look back and think about all that happened in that chapter. Like the chapter of  a book each chapter of our lives takes us closer to the end of the story.
     Hebrews 12:2 says "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."  This semester at BJU one of the chapel themes has been this verse, focusing on the the first three words "Looking unto Jesus". As I get ready to start the next chapter of my life I will keep looking unto Jesus the creator, author, planner, savior, Son of God and Man, Man of sorrow and the source of my strength for the beginning of my story.
  In the next phase of my life I will trust God better than i have in this because of the lessons He has taught me in trusting Him. In the next phase of life I will build to the foundations my parents have laid in my life and not depart from it. In the next phase of life I want to take all that my parents, teachers and friend have taught me and put it into practice in a way not possible before. In the next phase of my life I want to remain humble, teachable and submitted to God's perfect plan for me. I can not wait to see what the next few years have in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment