Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Field trip!!!


Today I went on a field trip with my culinary arts class!! Here is the time line of how things went.
7:30 am Arrive at the culinary arts building
8-9:30 Make and eat home fries and omelets for breakfast. In doing so we learned how to flip the eggs in the pan with a flick of the wrist. 
9:30-10:45ish Clean lab and watch a demo on making Bavarian cream 
11-11:35 A fantastic chapel by Dr. Bob Jones III 
11:35-12:10 Head  back to culinary arts building to load in to vans and get ready to go!!
1:30-2:10 Arrive and tour  Underground Baking CO.. Wow what a great place learned a lot and got some good ideas for when I open my bakery.
2:20-2:40 Arrive at  McFarlan bakery to look and sample some goodies. I got an old fashion Boston cream pie doughnut, it was so good!
3-4 Visit  Kilwins. Watch them make fudge, taste said fudge. I also learned about different types and flavors of chocolate.

 4:10-4:30 Visit Van's Chocolates and see all the different kinds of molded chocolate you can do, from open bottom to sells to be filled.  
4:50-5:35 Eat dinner at the Flat rock village bakery. For dinner I had Goat cheese pizza, it was fantastic.
When I got back to my room  I found that while I was resting my eyes on the way back to school someone took my camera and took these:

 all in all it was a great day with my culinary buddies!  

No comments:

Post a Comment