Sunday, June 5, 2016

planting and transplanting

"The Lord is not through with you yet. You are to bloom where you are planted." ~ Mr. Bridges from Facing the Giants

Revelation 3:8 - I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

Jeremiah 29:5  - Build ye houses, and dwell in them; and plant gardens, and eat the fruit of them;

" When the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window." ~Maria from the Sound of Music

Laid off, new thing to me. I am left totally confused and a little bit hurt. A job doing what I went to college for gone, A job I tried my hardest to make work and succeed no longer mine in the blink of an eye. I am not sure if it is something I said or did or if it simply a matter of fiances. It was be no means perfect; when is life ever perfect for more than 5 minutes? But I learned. I learned more about who I am, and how to be comfortable with myself. I learned that to bloom I need to focus on the good and what God is doing and not on what is going wrong. I learned that some are out to save face and will throw you under the bus even if you are not the issue. I learned what it must have felt like to have people insinuate false hoods about your character.

BUT... God is still good! He is still in control. He is the great planter and he saw that I accomplished what He had for me there to do and now it is time for me to be transplanted. When you transplant something it can be for many reasons. One reason my mom and grandmother transplant plants is to help them grow better. Another reason is to dived and spread that plant to a new part of the garden causing it to grow bigger and more beautiful. So what ever reason God is transplanting me for I know it is his will at work and He will look after me because He will never leave me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment